Are you shopping for the best auto warranty? Choosing the right deal is not an easy task for anyone since it can last days or even weeks just to compare what’s best for your valued cars. It’s also important to consider the coverages you will get from a car warranty, as well as the flexibility and the cost of the plan. Here, we discuss and compare the two best companies in the market that you should consider before getting a car warranty.
Carchex Extended Car Warranty Plans
Before you choose your extended car warranty, let us introduce you to one of the best auto extended car warranties in the car industry. In 2004, CARCHEX added their Extended Vehicle Protection or commonly known as extended car warranty that guarantees budget-friendly premiums for their customers.
CARCHEX offers five different levels of extended car warranty plans which are basically designed to protect every vehicle. Policyholders can enjoy numerous benefits from 24/7 roadside assistance like towing, rental cars, trip-interruption services, and gas delivery. Furthermore, they allow their customers to customize their plans depending on their car needs.
If you still have doubts about the integrity of this company, keep in mind that CARCHEX has many top-rated and fully insured administrators like the Royal Administration Services and American Auto Shield. To give you more ideas about the extended car warranties they offer, here are the five coverage plans that CARCHEX offers to the community.
|Titanium||7-10 years||Bumper-to-Bumper coverage|
|Platinum||5-10 years||Stated-component coverage|
|Gold||5-10 years||Powertrain coverage|
|Silver||6-7 years||Powertrain coverage|
|Bronze||5-6 years||Powertrain coverage|
- Titanium: this type of coverage provides a similar coverage like the bumper-to-bumper car warranty with a 7-to-10-year contract term. The Titanium plan is the most comprehensive coverage that covers most of the car components of a vehicle with only a short-list of exclusions.
- Platinum: The Platinum coverage can cover hundreds of car components and has one of the most comprehensive levels of stated-component coverage that can last up to 10 years. It also covers the following components:
- Suspension components: mounting plates, struts, upper and lower ball joints.
- Electrical components: solenoids, wiper motors.
- Heating components: thermostat, water pump, radiator, mounting brackets.
- Gold: It provides protection for all major systems of a vehicle that can last up to 10 years which is a good deal for any vehicles with 60,000 miles or more. It also covers the following car components:
- Master cylinder
- Disc calipers
- Backing plates
- Braking system
- Metal hydraulic lines and fittings
- Silver: The Silver coverage provides protection for essential components of a newly-purchased or pre-owned car. The coverage also includes the following components:
- Fuel pump
- Ignition coil
- Condenser Fan
- Fuel Tank
- Bronze: It provides coverage for car owners for 5 to 6 years for the major car systems which can help avoid expensive car repairs. Here are the other components that Bronze coverage covers:
- Engine components
- Transmission components
- Drive axle components
Liberty Bell Auto Extended Car Warranty Plans
There are three vehicle coverage plans that Liberty Bell Auto offers. The Platinum, Platinum Plus, and Platinum Prime.
|Platinum||Platinum Plus||Platinum Prime|
- Platinum: This coverage plan is the most basic plan that Liberty Bell Auto offers. It covers the basic components of a car.
- Platinum Plus: The Platinum Plus covers all items under Platinum and includes the steering system.
- Platinum Prime: It includes all components under Platinum and Platinum plus plans and other main components of a car.
Once your car is equipped with the plans from Liberty Bell Auto, you can enjoy roadside assistance with the following perks included:
- Cost of towing services to the nearest authorized repair facility
- Cost of tire change due to flat
- Cost of a battery or jump start
- Cost of lockout assistance
- Cost of a rental car which can be used up to 6 days and total reimbursement of $210
- Cost of emergency trip-interruption services when you are more than 100 miles from your home (can reimburse $50 a day up to 3 days)
Which extended car warranty is affordable?
It will really depend on the car’s condition. For example, if you purchase an extended car warranty with a car that has only 3,000 mileage, then you can get a lower premium rate than with an old car. Here are the factors that can affect the premium rates of an extended car warranty:
- Vehicle’s age
- Vehicle’s manufacturer
- And the level of the coverage.
With the increase in new cars and new coverages every year, it’s almost impossible to give the exact premium rate for an extended car warranty. The best way to find out is to get a free quote from both companies and compare their offers. Remember to always make sure to review the coverage in your plan’s contract before making a commitment.